The Building Codes listed below are effective as of April 9, 2015. The codes have been adopted and amended by the Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM) Title 24, Chapter 301, and adopted by the City of Helena in Title 3 of the City Code.
- 2012 International Building Code - IBC
- 2012 International Residential Code - IRC
- 2012 International Mechanical Code - IMC
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code - IFGC
- 2012 International Existing Building Code - IEBC
- 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code - UPC
- 2014 National Electrical Code - NEC (NFPA 70)
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code - IECC
- 2012 International Fire Code - IFC
- Seismic Design Category according to the 2012 International Building Code (IBC), typically D0 or as calculated by International Building Code, Chapter 16 based on site specific soil conditions.
- Wind Load - f 3s - 90 mph, f fm - 75 mph
- Snow Load - (ground/roof) 30 lbs psf minimum
- Frost Depth - 42" minimum to bottom of footing
- Ice and Water Barrier Under-layment Required – Yes