We are a prosecutor-based victim assistance program. Our primary responsibility is to provide outreach, support, information, and advocacy services to victims of violent crime at the misdemeanor level. We work with the prosecutors, law enforcement, and community resources and act as a liaison between all involved. All work together to get the best outcome for the case with the best interests of the victim as a priority.
The criminal justice system can be confusing and hard to understand. You do not need to face this alone. A professional victim services specialist is available to assist you through the process and is committed until the case is resolved - no matter how long it takes.
The Victim Specialist can help you in the following ways:
- Guidance through the justice system
- Case status and disposition updates
- Referrals to local agencies and resources
- Guidance and emotional support during court proceedings
- Information about Crime Victim Rights
- Assistance applying for Crime Victim Compensation
We will make every attempt to meet any special needs you many have. There is no charge for our services.
The Friendship Center*
1430 Sanders Street
Helena, MT 59601
*The Friendship Center is a private non-profit organization servicing victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.