Finance Forms

New License System - Civic Access

The City of Helena is pleased to introduce a new Licensing and Permitting system that will allow residents to take care of more City-related business online. The new system features a public-facing online portal called Civic Access. Within Civic Access, you can:

  • Apply for various Business, Liquor and Pet Licenses
  • Pay invoices
  • Apply for and manage Planning and Zoning cases
  • Apply for and manage Building related permits
  • Schedule inspections
  • And more

Visit Civic Access

We have detailed user guides available to help you navigate the new system. These guides are available at

Pet Licenses

Did you know, City Code defines certain situations where you are required to obtain a pet license. For example, if you keep or harbor a dog older than six months, for more than 14 consecutive days, you need to obtain a dog license. You can learn more by referencing section 5-2-3 of City Code.

If you have questions, please call the Utility Billing team at 406-447-8450.

Utility Billing Forms

Forms marked with an asterisk * are can be submitted online. 

Liability Claim Form