The Helena Fire Department is a living organization consisting of members who are committed to each other and the community we protect. As a member, we pledge to exhibit this commitment by:
- Providing the best possible service to our customers.
- Recognizing that each member of the Helena Fire Department is important to the makeup of "who we are".
- Being responsible for the welfare, development and support of the Helena Fire Department and its members.
- Striving to live by our guiding principles.
- Managing change and striving to always improve.
- Recognizing that being a member of the Helena Fire Department is more than a job. It includes commitment to other department members (past and present), citizens and visitors to our community.
- Striving to leave the Helena Fire Department better than we found it (daily, weekly, monthly and yearly)
Fire Chief Jon Campbell
– began in the Montana Fire Service as a volunteer with Missoula Rural Fire in 1999. He obtained his associate degree in Paramedicine from University of Alaska and worked as a Paramedic in North Carolina before returning to Montana as a Firefighter/Paramedic with Kalispell Fire. Over 16 years with Kalispell Fire Dept. Jon rose to the rank of Assistant Fire Chief of Operations and completed his Bachelor’s in Fire Science Administration. Jon is a confined space rescue, swift water, and hazardous materials technician. Jon moved to Helena in October of 2020 for the Assistant Fire Chief of Training position with his wife and two daughters. He was sworn in as Fire Chief in December of 2021.
Assistant Chief Mike Chambers
– is a Capital High School graduate and Helena native. He spent time away attending college and starting his career at Livingston Fire and Rescue in Livingston, Montana. Mike spent 17 ½ years in Livingston and worked his way up from Firefighter/Paramedic to the position of Fire Inspector/Training Officer, which he held until he was hired with the Helena Fire Department in January 2018. Assistant Chief Chambers has over 20 years of firefighting experience and holds a master’s degree in management and leadership from Western Governors University and is a National Fire Academy, Executive Fire Officer Program graduate as of May 2020. He is married and has three sons.
Administrative Coordinator Stephanie Crook
– Joined the department in December 2015. She is married and has one son.
Fire Prevention and Investigation Bureau
Fire Marshal -- Lou Antonick
Deputy Fire Marshal -- Kurt Sheehan
Fire Inspector -- VACANT
In alphabetical order by Rank
|| Neil Koehler
Firefighter of the Year - 2022 - Christopher Mork
Firefighter of the Year - 2021 - Dillon DeLaHunt
Firefighter of the Year - 2020 - Mark Mitchell