Building Permits, Applications & Additional Information

Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by this code, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit.

Please read the Building Division Electronic Submittal Requirements(PDF, 458KB)  and the Electronic Naming & Storage Conventions(PDF, 137KB)  before submitting your application(s) online.

Certificate of Occupancy

No building or structure shall be occupied until the Building Official has issued a certificate of occupancy. Issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall not be construed as an approval of a violation of the provisions of this code or of other ordinances of the City of Helena.