Helena Police Department Forms & Permits


  • Report an Abandoned Vehicle
    • To report an Abandoned Vehicle on the MyHelena website, click on the "requests" icon at the bottom of the page, then click "create a request". Requests can be made anonymously.
    • Abandoned Vehicles can also be reported by calling the non-emergency number at 406-457-8866.
  • Form – Ride Along
    • To schedule a Ride Along with one of our officers, please contact Captain Randy Ranalli at 406-447-8838 or rranalli@helenamt.gov. You will need a waiver and background check done before any consideration will be given for a ride along.
  • Evidence Release Request(DOCX, 29KB)


**If you need a Noise Permit, Parade or Race Permit, Block Party or other street closures, please contact Tim Nickerson at tnickerson@helenamt.gov or 406-447-8419**


Citizens Complaint(PDF, 97KB)

  • Complaint Packages contain information regarding our complaint process and necessary forms for filing a complaint. They are available from any Helena Police Officer, on the first floor of the Helena City/County Building, or at the police department (406 Fuller Avenue).
  • We prefer complaints be filed in writing. To assist in completely investigating your complaint we ask that you provide your name and contact information so we may contact you with any follow-up and advise you of the outcome of the investigation, however, if necessary, the department will accept unsigned or anonymous complaints.
  • Complaints may be turned into any supervisor in the department.
  • If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Administration line at 406-447-8479 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.