Who takes care of the traffic signals?

The City Signal Technician maintains 52 State owned signals and flashers, 16 City owned signals and flashers and various County owned flashers.  The Signal Technician is not responsible for placement or timing of signals.

How can I get a stop sign put at an intersection?

Stop sign requests are processed through the City Engineering office. Phone number 447-8431.  In most cases a traffic study must be done to warrant any traffic control devices such as stop signs.

The streetlight in front of my house is not working.  Who should I call?

Report any streetlight outages to Northwestern Energy by calling 1-888-467-2669. Call center hours Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or using the online reporting form.

There is a tree obstructing the stop sign at the intersection.  Who should I call?

Please refer to Sight Obstructions on the Community Development - Building Department page.