If you have purchased an existing home in the city limits you should already have a garbage container. It may be an individual 96 gallon container or a 300 gallon shared container in the alley. If you do not have either of these containers please call 447-8086 to establish service.
If the home is a brand new construction, the PROPERTY OWNER must come to the Transfer Station and pay a pro-rated solid waste assessment. The prorated amount is based on the months remaining during the current fiscal year. YOU MUST PAY BY CHECK. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT OTHER FORMS OF PAYMENT AT THIS TIME. You can pick up your permit at that time. Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. We do try to cover the office during those hours but it would be beneficial for you to call ahead and confirm that someone will be in the office (406-447-8086) when you are planning on coming. Thank you.
Three (3) things you need to pickup a permit on new construction or recently annexed properties.
- Photo ID
- Closing documents or property tax statement (you must be the owner on record)
- Payment - CHECK ONLY!
Tips & Tricks
- Residential customers need to have your 96 gallon garbage container rolled out to the curb by 7:00 am on your regularly scheduled pickup day.
- Alley containers are shared; if one is filled place your trash in the next container with space. Please do not pile trash around containers.
- After your container has been dumped – please remove it from the curb.
- Please bag all trash prior to placement in container.
- Please do not overfill your container. (if the lid does not close easily – it’s too full).
- Please do not put construction debris, branches, rocks, dirt or oversized items in the container. If these items are placed in the container, the container will be stickered and will not be dumped until prohibited items have been removed.
- Please keep container free of all obstructions (snow, vehicles, excess garbage, etc.)
If you are a new resident or would like more information on your pickup day, call 447-8086.