Helena Open Lands Management Advisory Committee
The Helena Open Lands Management Advisory Committee (HOLMAC) performs various functions for the city related to the management of Helena's open lands. The land has been acquired through purchase with open space bond funds and donations and is maintained by a voter-passed maintenance district.
Seven board members are appointed to staggered three-terms. Five members shall be city residents, one represents the City-County Parks Board, and one represents the Helena Citizens Council.
Voting Committee Members
City-County Parks Board Representative:
Helena Citizens Council Representative:
Non-Voting Committee Members
Helena Tourism Alliance Representative:
Prickly Pear Land Trust Representative:
Summer meetings will be field trips starting in June through August 2019. This summer's field trips will start at 5:30 PM at these locations:
- June 11, 2019: Mount Ascension Arrowroot Trailhead off of Arrowroot Road (MAP). Topics are:
- Post Construction Recovery of the new directional trails
- Completed Trail
- July 9, 2019: Park City; Mount Helena Ridge Trailhead parking area off Prospector Gulch Road. (MAP) Topics are:
- Looking at new trailhead features and parking area
- August 13, 2019: City-County Building, Room 326, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Final Annual Work Plan Review
The Open Lands Work Plan is our yearly work plan outlining land management maintenance activities scheduled for implementation in 2019. The work plan is updated each year to address needs emerging as a result of input from the citizens of Helena, HOLMAC, and/or city staff.
A public meeting will be held July 25, 2019, at 5:30 PM in room 326 at the City/County Building, 316 North Park Avenue, Helena, MT 59623
The comment period will end July 28, 2019, at 5 PM.