Category: City Manager All
City Commission Advisory Board Positions Open!
Deadline: 4:00 pm, Thursday, January 7, 2016
City advisory board members represent our community, helping our city commissioners make decisions about budget, priorities, and major projects.
Consider applying to participate on one of the following boards:
Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Compliance Committee (2 Openings)
- One citizen in the medical field to serve on the ADA Compliance Committee; the unexpired term will begin upon appointment and expire September 1, 2016.
- One citizen with expertise in the field of architecture and/or construction; the unexpired term will begin upon appointment and expire September 1, 2016.
The ADA Compliance Committee acts as an advisory committee to assist in determination of reasonable accommodations. The Committee may review requests for reconsideration of complaints forwarded by the ADA Coordinator, may make determinations as to the validity of complaints, and my provide descriptions of the resolution of those grievances that have been appealed.
The Committee may recommend priorities for making structural changes to public facilities, offer suggestions on how to achieve program accessibility, and review and make recommendations on employment practices and accommodations for compliance.
City-County Planning Board (1 Opening)
- One citizen to serve as the joint appointment on the City-County Planning Board.Term will begin upon appointment and expire September 1, 2018.
This board shall perform planning functions for the city and county and shall be the sole Planning Board to serve either or both governmental entities. Duties of this board will be to ensure the promotion of public health, safety, convenience, order, and the general welfare, and for the sake of efficiency and economy in the process of community development, the Board shall prepare a growth policy and serve in an advisory capacity to the local governing bodies establishing said Board.
Helena Public Art Committee (2 Openings)
- Two citizens to serve on the Pubic Art Committee. The terms will begin upon appointment and one term will expire on December 31, 2017 and the other two terms will expire December 31, 2018.
The Public Art Committee assists in promoting the concept of community awareness of and involvement in providing public art in Helena.
Transportation Coordinating Committee (TCC) (2 Openings)
- Two citizens, residing in the city limits, to serve as citizen representatives (one voting and one non-voting member.) Both terms will begin upon appointment and expire on December 31, 2017.
The TCC manages the executive business of the Helena Urban Area Transportation Plan Update. The committee works closely with the city, county, & state to develop and keep current urban transportation planning, design and construction in the Helena area. The committee adopts and recommends implementation of long and short-range transportation programs for the Helena urban area. The committee transmits all reports and recommendations related to the continuing transportation planning for the urban area to the various agencies for final adoption and implementation.
Zoning Commission (1 Opening)
- One city resident to serve as the alternate member on the Zoning Commission. The unexpired term begins upon appointment and expires September 30, 2018.
This commission shall perform zoning functions for the city and shall be the sole Zoning Commission for the City of Helena.
Applications are available online or by calling 447-8410, and must be submitted to the City Clerk's Office, 316 N. Park Avenue, Room 323, Helena, MT 59623. The deadline for all board applications is 4:00 p.m., Thursday, January 7, 2016.