Latex Paint Drop-off Dates: May 22-29, 7 a.m.–5 p.m.
Reusable Latex Paint Pick-up Dates: June 1-6, 7 a.m.–5 p.m.
Where: Solid Waste Transfer Station – 1975 N Benton Avenue
Do you have good, usable latex paint at home that you wish to dispose of? Bring it to the Latex Paint Drop Off Event at the Helena Transfer Station from Friday, May 22 to Friday, May 29. The paint collected will then be available at no cost for pick-up and reuse by the public from Monday, June 1 to Saturday, June 6.
- Under the current phase of COVID-19 response, the Transfer Station hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and closed on Sunday.
- Only latex paint will be accepted at this event.
- Paint should be good quality so that it can be used for future projects.
- Dried, unstable, poor quality paint will not be accepted.
- If you have poor quality paint to dispose of, follow the year-round paint disposal policy.
- This event is open to residential waste permit holders. Material from businesses or commercial haulers cannot be accepted.
How to Properly Dispose of Paint Year-Round
During special events throughout the year, City staff can accept certain paints for disposal. However, the rest of the year, paints must be handled the following way: paints, solvents, and other liquid wastes may be air-dried or solidified in sand or kitty litter and then double bagged for disposal. If you are unsure about a specific item, please call the Recycling Line at 406-447-8084 for assistance.