The City of Helena will modify office hours and several public services on Monday (October 25) to allow staff to attend the funeral of Assistant Chief of Police, Curt Stinson. The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. at the Lewis and Clark County Fairgrounds.
The following City offices and services will be modified from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- Municipal Court will be closed. Anyone currently scheduled for court between this time frame will be notified.
- Utility Billing will remain open with limited staffing.
- Parks and Recreation will be closed.
- Police Department Records and Administrative Offices will be closed. The 911 Center and Patrols will be fully operational.
- Transportation offices will be closed. Paratransit services will be fully operational.
Starting at 10 a.m., an Emergency Services procession will escort Assistant Chief Stinson and his family from Skyway Drive to the County Fairgrounds. There will be significant delays and intersections closed during the procession. The City appreciates the community’s understanding and patience while Assistant Chief Stinson is honored.
The procession will travel:
- West on Skyway Drive
- North on Bompart Lane
- West on Canyon Ferry Road (to Custer Avenue)
- End at the Fairgrounds