Helena Municipal Court
Lewis and Clark County Courthouse
Phone: 406-447-8466 ext (1) Fax: 406-447-8265
Service Modifications Due to COVID-19 Outbreak:
The City of Helena Municipal Court will remain open and will continue to function in an orderly manner, however residents may experience some delays due to maintaining social distancing and courtroom capacity. Please do not come to the courthouse if you are feeling ill or having any COVID 19 symptoms. Please use the available hand sanitizer before entering Helena Municipal Court.
- Filings: In person filings will be allowed, we will enforce social distancing within the courtroom and offices.
- Payments: We are open to walk-in payments, other options are,
- Option 1. Pay through the online Cite-Pay system: https://www.citepayusa.com/payments/welcome.do?state=MT
- Option 2. Call in payment, (406) 447-8466 ext 1.
- Option 3. Mail in check or money order, Attn: Helena Municipal Court - 228 Broadway, Rm 105, Helena, MT 59601
- Option 3. Call the court to extend your payment date, (406) 447-8466 ext 1.
- Open Court: 10:00 AM initial appearances are proceeding with social distancing guidelines. Only the Defendant will be allowed in the courtroom unless the Defendant is a minor. No family or friends will be allowed to accompany you into the courtroom.
- Scheduled Hearings: Hearings are proceeding as normal with social distancing guidelines. Only the Defendant will be allowed in the courtroom unless the Defendant is a minor. No family or friends will be allowed to accompany you into the courtroom.
- Temporary Orders of Protection: The court is open to receive orders.
- Telephone: The court will be answering phone calls from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Jail Arraignments: Held via video conference Monday – Friday, at 8:00 am. Walk-in viewing is allowed at this time following social distancing guidelines.
Helena Municipal Court is part of the state judicial system and enforces laws for the City of Helena over which the Honorable Anne Peterson presides. Helena Municipal Court processes all misdemeanor traffic, criminal and animal control offenses, city ordinances, orders of protection and civil cases that occur within Helena City limits.