Forms & Applications
Pre-Application meetings are an integral part of the application process.
All subdivision proposals must be submitted for a Pre-Application meeting. Conditional Use Permit (CUP) proposals, Zone Change requests, any proposed annexation request, or other development projects that may have a significant impact on its surrounding area or on city services may be subject to a Pre-Application meeting. At the Pre-Application meeting representatives from the different City Departments review and comment on the proposed development and its potential impact on public facilities and services and any regulations governing development in the City. For more information about the Pre-Application meeting, please contact Planning Division Staff at (406) 447-8490.
- Pre-Application (PDF)
Land Use Application
Land Use Applications are required for all of the following Subdivision and Zoning Applications.
- Land Use Application (PDF)
- Preliminary Plat Application & Checklist
- Final Subdivision Plat Application & Checklist
- Amended Plat-COS (exempt from subdivision review) Application & Checklist
- Preliminary Plat Time Extension Application
- Subdivision Variance Application
Solar Loan Program
Zoning Application, Compliance and Variance Forms
- Annexation Petition Form
- CUP or CUP Amendment Application Form
- Zone Change Application Form
- Pre-Zoning Application Form
- Variance for Board of Adjustment Application
- Zoning Violation Complaint
Please submit application(s) and fees to the following address with checks payable to: City of Helena, Community Development.
City of Helena
316 N. Park Avenue
Helena, MT 59623