Electronic Submittal Requirements
- A approved and signed street opening application from the City of Helena, Engineering Department will be provided to the City of Helena, Building Division before permits can be issued.
- The Excavator will need to purchase the street opening permit before any permits will be issued to the Licensed Plumber.
- Street opening permits are purchased through the City of Helena, Building Division. The permit cost is $70.00 per opening.
- The applicant is responsible for the restoration of the surfaces according to the city street construction standards.
- Any person wishing to open a city street or alley, must have on file at the City of Helena Building Division the required bond and insurance information, Title 7 Chapter 2, (7-2-3)
Water and Sewer Taps
Water and Sewer tapping permits can be purchased at the City of Helena, Building Division. Permits can only be purchased by a Licensed Master Plumber with the State of Montana.
Sewer Tap(s) $35.00 per tap
3/4 to 1 inch $90.00 per tap
1.5 to 2 inch $174.50 per tap
4 to 8 inch $290.75 per tap
10" and over $349.00 per tap
Water and Sewer Inspection Fee's
Water and Sewer Inspection $43.50
Sewer Inspection only $35.00
Water Inspection only $29.50