Helena Open Lands Management Advisory Committee
The Helena Open Lands Management Advisory Committee (HOLMAC) performs various functions for the city related to the management of Helena's open lands. The land has been acquired through purchase with open space bond funds and donations and is maintained by a voter-passed maintenance district.
Seven board members are appointed to staggered three-terms. Five members shall be city residents, one represents the City-County Parks Board, and one represents the Helena Citizens Council.
Dan Wirak (Chair)
City-County Parks Board Representative:
Helena Citizens Council Representative:
Denise Roth Barber
Helena Tourism Alliance Representative:
Prickly Pear Land Trust Representative:
Summer meetings will be field trips starting in May through September. This summer's field trips will start at 5:30 PM at these locations:
- May 8, 2018 at Mount Ascension off of Arrowroot Road at the 2006 Trail
- Aftershock Trail and bridge
- June 12, 2018 Mount Ascension Arrowroot Trailhead off of Arrowroot Road (MAP). Topics are:
- discuss parking options for Arrowroot Trailhead
- look at new directional trail proposed route
- July 10, 2018 at Mount Helena Trailhead parking area. (MAP) Topics are:
- Review the forestry 10 year plan.
- Look at last year's summer projects
- Current projects
- August 14, 2018 - 5:30 pm Weeds/Bug tour: Noxious weed identification and see our biocontrol agents at work Location - Meet at the Mount Helena Parking Lot (access is gained by Adams Street)
- September 11, 2018 TBD
- October 9, 2018 TBD