Helena Police Department Volunteer Program
We want you to volunteer!
What do our volunteers do?
· Patrol walking/park trails
· Handicap parking enforcement
· Abandoned vehicles
· Write up basic reports misdemeanor theft and criminal mischief
· Safe Routes to Schools
· Neighborhood watch
· Rec Connect
· Traffic control for events
· Speed trailer location
· Traffic surveys
· Work on crime maps
· Unauthorized signs
· Community decay
· Snow removal
· Assist with Special event Authorization
· Assist with L/E IT investigation
· Assist records clerk
· Assist evidence tech
· Assist School Resource Officers and Capitol Officers
· Assist with Sex Offender locations
How do I apply to be a Volunteer?
Lieutenant Torey Keltner is the Commander in charge of the Helena Police Department Volunteer Program.
LT. Keltner can be contacted at (406) 447-8830 or email at TKeltner(at)helenamt.gov
You can also download the informaiton and application pamplet to the right.