Celebrating 150 Years of Helena History

Mural Dedication & Anniversary Event

What is a City Manager?

The City of Helena has a modified Council-Manager form of municipal government. The modification is that our mayor is elected separately from our commission members. Our city charter defines the roles of our commissioners, mayor, and city manager, click here to see the entire document.

Section 3.02 - Duties and Responsibilities
The city manager shall be the chief administrative officer of the city and shall be responsible to the commission for the administration of all city affairs required by this charter, law, ordinance or resolution.

Request a Permit for an Event in the City

To request a permit for a block party or other outdoor event to include a road closure, click here.

To request a noise permit for an event that does not require a road closure, such as construction noise or amplified sound for an event on private property, click here.

To request an event permit for a parade or race on City of Helena right-of-way (noise permit, street closure permit, etc.), click here.

The Helena Police Department processes noise and other permit applications. If you have questions or problems completing the permit applications, contact Mark Lerum: mlerum@helenamt.gov or call 406-459-4274. 


Get Involved!

Want to get involved in city government? Contact the Helena Citizens Council to find out what you can do for your neighborhood to maintain and improve our community experience.